Tuesday, June 11, 2019

My Dream Cast & Soundtrack Composer






Hello Fam!

After writing the post about the lack of POC representation in movies, I decided to create my perfect cast should my books ever be seen in a visual media form.  I created a list of actors/actresses who myself and my team would love to portray as my characters in a movie or cable network weekly show.

It's important to note that my female characters are POC and LGBTQ+, the rest of the cast (and crew) will be diverse across the board as well.

I want my work to reflect my surroundings. Representation is important and vital.

The talented individuals listed below were also chosen because their work in itself is exemplary.


In order of picture from left to right.


Alex aka Alexis~ Unknown Talent, Darius~Mahesh Jadu, Jacqueline aka Jackie~Janelle Monae
Midnight aka Katrine Baten~Tessa Thompson, Dominique~Aja Naomi King                                      President~Paul Bettany, David Reynolds aka Iva ~ TS Madison
Scientist~ Andre Holland, Melanie~ Brely Evans & Adamina O'hare~ Bryce Dallas Howard
                                                               
There are other characters that are pertinent to the success of the story but those roles will be happily casted by virtually unknown  and undiscovered talent.

Moving on to what music I would choose called the Original soundtrack.
I love music. From Country to Classical. However, most of the music I listen to is Contemporary R& B.
I've always attached a Youtube video to my posts. Anyone who reads it can get a glimpse of what I listen to while I create my next post.
I've been a part of the process to shoot and put together a short film. One of the great elements to a film, (Tv show or even documentaries) is when music moves a scene. It sets the tone. Think about it. Most iconic movies have a fantastic soundtrack or at the very least a song you identify with it.
Below is a short list of movies that I love with amazing soundtracks:

The Wiz
The Wizard of Oz
Harry Potter Movies
Road to Perdition (Tom Hanks)
Dead Presidents
Lord of the Rings
Doris Day Movies
Carmen Jones
Waiting to Exhale
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
Gypsy
Meet me in St. Louis

Being creative and wanting the public to watch an interpretation of a novel turned into some form of visual medium I believe would be an extraordinary experience. Waiting for the day with bated breath! I can feel it coming...

Have a beautiful week ahead!

                   
                                       

                                               Would I do? by Neyo from The Wiz (Live)
                                                     



                               Original song from the Soundtrack from "Road to Perdition"
















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Becoming A Screenwriter

Hello Fam! Yes, I know. It's been a minute. Don't beat me up too bad. Moving, job changes, and life have definitely gotten in...