Monday, May 16, 2016

It's Been A Long Time...

Portland, Oregon during Feb 2016.
Good morning Dawnettes and everyone else!

Today is Monday May 15th, 2016. 

I have to admit, there has been quite a few changes and shifts since we last spoke. I moved from Los Angeles, CA to Seattle, Washington. The plans I had for this coming year have not come to fruition. Searching for a peace of mind in a chaotic world. 

The jest of it is boys and girls, is that I've been off track. Being brutally honest with you is my way of coming to some truths and a reality check. With that being said, the tears have stopped and I have brushed my shoulders off. As I write these words I have often wondered is anyone else going through the same setbacks this year? Are people not fulfilling their New Year's promises? Mind you, I always start out with great enthusiasm. My work ethic, my goals, and where I want my career to go are always the base of my encouragement speech every morning. And yet, here I am wondering why haven't I achieved what I wanted to accomplish by now? 

So, I took some advice from a few friends of mine. Took a minute away and now I'm trying to pick up the pieces. 

I will make a few appearances this year and be more vocal on my blog. I hope I can engage my audience with all that I have to offer. I have a new website AND a newsletter. All the links will be provided on each blog I put out. 

The big news is that I'm here. Still. Fighting to survive and let you into my world. I want to personally thank each and everyone who reads my words. Buys my book. Visits my website. Enjoys my newsletters. Anything or any place that you see me, I hope I leave you with positive energy and food for thought. 

Please take a moment to reflect on your own lives and if you need to make the necessary changes, do be afraid. Don't let time get away. You will look up and see that life has passed you by. Never measure your success by someone's else. Instead let it be a beacon of moving forward in your own life. At your own pace. Not everyone is going to understand or probably even care. But for the few you do reach... trust me friends it's worth all that you sacrifice to become who you are destined to be.

As always,

Be well...

D.

2 comments:

  1. Love congratulations on life accomplishments, continue to grow! It's not over! Beautifully written and look forward to your next blog! Love Always Biggest Fan Toya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much La Toya. You are my dearest and closest friend. This post makes me smile every time I see it. Big hugs.

      Delete

The Road to Becoming A Screenwriter

Hello Fam! Yes, I know. It's been a minute. Don't beat me up too bad. Moving, job changes, and life have definitely gotten in...