Monday, May 16, 2016

Trying... {Original Post date - October 22, 2015}








Hello Dawnettes,
I don't think I have enough time in the day for the next 364 days, to tell you what has transpired this year has been totally unplanned and quite frankly caught me off guard. I was gently instructed to give you a glimpse of what my thoughts are or rather what my days are like as I try to take my writing level to the next career. The only line I can give you at this point and time is "it's a work in process." Everything is about research and development. It takes time to build an audience. It takes time for your audience to look forward to your work. They want to get to know you know in any way possible. Some are just satisfied with your written work. Others want more intimate details of your personal life. What it took to get you to this point. Anything from, "what is your writing process", "to how much money to do really make". People are inquisitive. They have a right to be. Your putting out a product and they want to know about the contents and its owner. I can't complain. This was voluntary. This is what comes when you display your life to the public. Your life is up for scrutiny. It's the way of the world. The old saying of "be careful what you wish for" has never been so clearer. My circle has definitely gotten smaller, but my fan base has grown.

I don't regret my decision. I believe I was put on this planet to create and hopefully one day see my characters in some form of visual media. To also be a voice ( an advocate if you will) and speak across the country. I am an LGBTQ Author and I have many issues I am passionate about that isn't related to my writing that I want speak openly about.
The road is long and I hope that these blogs I post help someone who is at a crossroads trying to determine if this is the right decision for them. It took me 22 years to get here. I'm sorry it took that long. But here I am.
Be well...
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Becoming A Screenwriter

Hello Fam! Yes, I know. It's been a minute. Don't beat me up too bad. Moving, job changes, and life have definitely gotten in...