Monday, May 16, 2016

Living Authentically with my family





Long Beach Pride 2015 with my son & daughter (Keith and Aleisha)

Hey Dawn loves and Everyone else!!! {Original Post date - June 23, 2015}🌈

Today is Monday June 22nd, 2015. In a few days, my son will be twenty-one. I am very proud of him and my two other children. As I reflect on his years of growing up, I have always encouraged him to be the best at whatever he set his mind to do. From sports to school assignments, there wasn't any occasion where I didn't provide counseling and if needed the tools for him to succeed. Hit and misses happened along the way, but it was a journey that in my book is priceless.
I have tried to be an example for him, but it hasn't always been easy. Interaction with people from all walks of life have entered my life and have brought me experiences that helped shape my decisions and also what I wanted to accomplish at the time.
I'm not perfect. I don't pretend to be. However, I never let it change who I am on the inside. Although, it has left me broken for a period of time.  I have been able to bounce back and moved forward with a positive attitude.
I appreciate all the people who have come and gone in my life. I will always stay humble and true to who I am. I know I have a lot to learn still. That doesn't diminish the fact that I still have to teach what learn along the way. My kids see my progression, I can only pray I am leading them down the right path.
I look forward to what the future holds and hope. I will strive with every fiber of my being to make my mark and leave a legacy behind my children can be proud of.
Be well,
D.



 
 


                           Song that I was listening to while creating this blog:
                                                       
                               I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO THIS SONG*

                                            SWV- Interlude~ Use Your Heart                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Becoming A Screenwriter

Hello Fam! Yes, I know. It's been a minute. Don't beat me up too bad. Moving, job changes, and life have definitely gotten in...