Monday, June 13, 2016


                                                                 Just touching base...


Hello Dawnettes,

A few things have transpired since we last chatted. I went to Washington, DC for a panel discussion conducted by Sunfire Talent and to celebrate Pride weekend. The weekend was too short but I was anxious to get back to finish three current projects, find an editor, and plan out my Vampyir Ball.

Let me be the first to say that wearing too many hats can wear a mind and body down. I was speaking to a friend recently, and she said it's better to be busy than to not be busy at all. This may be true. However, because I'm a writer I have to be careful in everything I do. Including doing rushed work and letting other projects fall to the waste side because I don't have enough time to complete them. Being busy is one thing, overwhelming yourself is quite another.

As I reflect on when I started writing this blog, I am starting to get a handle on what I need to accomplish. What I can't finish,  I will try my best to tie up the next day. I need help on my time management. I have to start saying no to things that I know I can't complete.

In saying that, I need to be consistent. The ability to keep my word and complete a task. I have three notebooks for this. Not to mention other notebooks for my written work and the completion of my three novels yet to be published.

I will get it done. And sit back and breathe a sigh of relief.

I'm still gathering all of the necessary details for my ball. I want this event to bring all walks of life. It's a Vampire themed masquerade ball. My party with a purpose.

If you have a moment and know someone who would like to help sponsor my event, just click on the link below. There is also a link if you wish to just give a donation to one of the organizations.

Thank you in advance. Get ready to party in October. It's going to be epic.

Be well...

D.

Sponsor My Event

American Foundation for Suicide Prevention

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Becoming A Screenwriter

Hello Fam! Yes, I know. It's been a minute. Don't beat me up too bad. Moving, job changes, and life have definitely gotten in...