Thursday, October 5, 2017

Happy New Year Fam!

Welcome to 2017. I can honestly say 2016 was full of ups and downs. There are three points I'm going to hit on this post. So sit back, drink of cup of tea and read on...

First, let's address the celebrities that have left us. It started with Natalie Cole and ended with William Christopher. For those of you who don't know who Mr. Christopher is. He played as the Catholic Priest on the series M*A*S*H. He passed away on December 31st. 2016 took so many people who touched us musically, politically, and literary-wise. R.I.P. to all of these talented individuals. You will be missed.

Next up, unfinished goals. I can't begin to tell you how much of a disappoint I felt and experienced. I can tell you this much... It won't happen again this year.
See, as I get older I've learned two things. Patience and humility. I don't believe I will ever be too successful where I won't appreciate everything I have in my life and people I surround myself with. There are so many things I have yet to do, I don't take life for granted. As the saying goes, "Tomorrow is not promised to you." I plan on taking full advantage of every opportunity that presents itself. It has to beneficial for the person believing in me as well as it is helpful for my career.

Lastly, my second installment of the Vampyir Series. It was a labor of love. I have a fantastic editor. I will be posting her link on this blog. Her services are amazing and she is irreplaceable. My book would not have been completed if it wasn't for this wonderful woman. Currently, I'm trying to complete the cover. I promise you that the next installment, the cover will be completed before the novel. The simplest task has been the hardest to get done. With all the new goals I have set forth, I hope and surrender to the universe that my career will do well this year.

There are three things I don't discuss on a social platform. Politics, Religion or my personal relationship. Here on my blog, there may come a time where I might express my feelings on upcoming President or I may expose some news that is very personal to me. Whatever I have to say, I hope the takeaway is, I've learned something about this human being and I understand where she is coming from. You may not agree with my views, but I promise to always strive to stay positive and uplifting. We have enough challenges and negativity in this world. I will try my best to not contribute to the madness.

Cheers to each and every one of you. May you have a prosperous and fulfilling 2017!

Be well...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Becoming A Screenwriter

Hello Fam! Yes, I know. It's been a minute. Don't beat me up too bad. Moving, job changes, and life have definitely gotten in...