Thursday, October 5, 2017

Levels and Rules to being a Friend

Hello, Dawnettes!

Today I'm going to talk a little bit about friendships and what it means to me.

Remember this is my blog and life according to my experience. Catch this.

So, I recently ( in the few months) reconnected with my childhood friend. Whom I love dearly. We share a mutual childhood friend. Of whom I feel like I've chased her friendship my whole life.

Here is my definition of friends and how to act accordingly...while listening to Friends by Whodini ( if you don't know who that is, go to Youtube or click the video below (insert video when posting*)

Ride or die- Whether its 2 pm or 2 am they have your back

Club Friend- Brunch hang out, social friends

Network- Professional won't embarrass you in public

Co-workers- could lead to friend outside of work but not really

And Friends who you thought were but they clearly are not-

I say all of that to say this. You get what you give. Sometimes it's not how much time and effort you put into the relationship but how that is received. People have boundaries and sometimes your load is too much for them to carry. It doesn't make you a bad person. Some people need drama to fulfill their lives. Others just really need an ear and shoulder. Handle your friends according to how they perceive you. If you feel like you need to have a one on one and have an honest conversation to clear the air? Then do that. If you feel your words will be wasted and fall on deafs ears, then move the fuck on.
Believe me, if you have a ride or die friend who does deeply care about you they will only want what's best for you. Invest in those relationships. Nurture and appreciate them. Life is too short to play dumb and chase after people who don't want you in their lives.

Love ya.

Be well...
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Becoming A Screenwriter

Hello Fam! Yes, I know. It's been a minute. Don't beat me up too bad. Moving, job changes, and life have definitely gotten in...